Tuesday, June 28, 2011

God's Abundance 2

Hello all!!! Did you all get a chance to really think about what abundance means to you? I thought about it all day today. All I could think of was having more money and traveling more. I thought about having my dream job and shopping until I dropped. Oh! so I guess I am the only one thinking like that!!! I really feel like abundance is having all of the great things the world has to offer. But as I said in my last post what I think sometimes may not be what God intended. I found out that the abundant life is eternal life, a life that begins the moment we come to Christ and receive Him as Savior, and goes on throughout all eternity. So abundance is really all about knowing God forever. I know this is true because as I fight with my flesh to do right I never feel more complete until I talk to God or worship Him. When I leave Him to follow my own way I get lost. I begin to feel like nothing satisfies me. I become depressed, fearful, angry and just plain miserable. When I follow God and His way and really speak to him truthfully I do feel abundance, peace and joy! If you are out of fellowship right now with God, try obeying Him and praying with Him for one week. I promise you will feel a difference. Have a wonderful evening and join me for tomorrow's topic when we discuss, "God Above Possessions."

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you wholeheartedly. It's amazing how God will bless us with wisdom as we grow in Him. When I read your first blog immediately I thought of material things as I reflected on the meaning of abundance. God is referring to a wholeness in John when He tells us He desires that we have an abundant life. I believe prosperity is a minor part of God's definition of abundance. God wants us to prosper in the spiritual sense, the emotional sense and the material sense; something that can only occur once we truly begin to seek God with our entire heart. Once we do, we will begin to see things from God' s perspective and the things (material) thay used to be important aren't't so important anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the truth! It wasn't until I really sat and thought about how much we strive so hard for the material and forget that the greatest gift of life is that we are all saved!! That is abundant!!! Thank you so much for your response.

    ReplyDelete