Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Overcoming Sin

Good day "Christ-seekers!" I was really torn on what I would begin to write about this week. This blog is so near and dear to me and the more I write the more sensitive I am becoming about the things I am doing in my life right or wrong. My daughter and I were talking this weekend about the "Tot Mom" trial. My daughter has an extreme desire to be an attorney and is obsessed with trials and case studies so she has been following this case daily. We were driving in the car and she said she hoped Casey Anthony would not go to jail. Inside I became irritated by that comment. I have always felt like she hurt her child. Then my daughter said she did not believe she killed her daughter. So calmly I explained that we may never know what happened to her daughter but God knows. I told her the only thing I pray is that she did not do that to her child. I also said that it is hard for me to believe how someone could look at their child and do them harm! I said my prayers are that she really did not do that to her child! So that brought up the question from my daughter, "Why do people do bad things?" That is a simple enough question, right? The more I pondered over it, the more complex it became to me. There are so many reasons why some people do bad things. I begin to study the origin of it. The basis of all evil is sin. Sin is described in the Bible as transgression of the law of God (1 John 3:4) and rebellion against God (Deuteronomy 9:7; Joshua 1:18). Sin had its beginning with Lucifer who was one of the most beautiful angels in Heaven. He desired to be higher than God and that was his downfall. Renamed satan he brought sin to mankind in the Garden of Eden. So sin was inherited from Adam.  Romans 5:12 tells us that through Adam sin entered the world, and so death was passed on to all men because “the wages of sin is death” (Romans 6:23). So we became sinners by nature. As I continued to study I felt like this subject needs to be explored. There are so many "Christians" that live day to day engulfed in sin. It is so easy to convince yourself that you are not doing anything wrong. Sometimes we can be the "kings" and "queens" of justification. We are going to go through this subject step by step. Let me know what you think. In the next week or so we are going to talk about why sin is in our lives and if we can overcome it. There is a way to overcome sin in your life. For now I would like to hear from you. Why do you think people do bad things? Do you think people desire to be bad? How do you handle bad people? Who do you consider bad people? I would like for us to really dig deep into this topic so that we can try to overcome any sin that is keeping us from being free in our life! Have a thought provoking evening! And tune in tomorrow for "The Truth of the Matter." Knowing the truth about everything really does matter!"

1 comment:

  1. I believe it's easy knowing the right thing to do. The hard part is doing the right thing. We do try to justify our actions, but as adults, we know right from wrong. Satan is so busy that it's too easy to get tripped up. We MUST have God in out lives to walk with us daily and protect ourselves with his armour. I really don't know if some people desire to be bad, I do believe that some people don't care. I try to avoid bad people for the most part, but that's not always possible. Bad people cover a large range, I'll keep it short and say that basically anyone who does not abide by the commandments that were set forth fur us to live by.

    ReplyDelete